Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Number, Part 4

Today I wore jeans that aren't necessarily my Skinny Jeans, but they're jeans I haven't worn comfortably in quite some time. Let's call them my Less Fat Jeans. And you know what? They feel good.

It's been easier to count calories than I expected it to be. It was tedious and kind of a drag for the first couple of days. It's still a little tedious but I'm getting used to it. I found a couple of online tools that make it much easier.

It's nice to have a concrete goal every day. I've been so used to eating whatever I want in whatever quantities I want that I really had lost all concept of what was okay and healthy and considered to be 'in moderation.' It's kind of scary. If I'd continued that way for another year, I can honestly say that I'd start 2011 obese. Yikes. I'm happy to have found a way to be sure I'm eating the right amounts of food. The best part is that at the end of the day, if I'm a little under my calorie limit -- which happens a few times per week -- I can have a truffle and feel really good about it!

1 comment:

t. said...

yay into fitting into your jeans! and yay for healthy foods and moderation! that is awesome!