Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Celebrating October

I love the fall. I like those days that aren't exactly cold and definitely not hot. It's sunny and overcast by turns. There's some rain with the hope that it might turn to snow over night.

And the fall colors! Colorado is the perfect place to take advantage of changing leaves. The reflection of sunlight on all those beautiful trees changes the look of everything. The scent of the air changes. It makes me want to take deep breaths to the point of hyperventilation.

Fall food is the best. I like sipping hot chocolate, simmering chili and baking corn bread, making potato soup. And of course, all the best holidays are coming. Nothing beats the Thanksgiving menu.

I love long-sleeved t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts with jeans. I'm a comfort person; forget high fashion. Fall is the perfect excuse to bundle up in comfortable clothes and sneakers.

Can you tell that I'm happy about October?

1 comment:

Brian Gardes said...

I know what you mean. The apples are in. The pumpkins are by the road. The sky is blue. The nights are cold. Almost time to chop some wood for a fire! I must visit Colorado!