Monday, October 20, 2008

An Actual Conversation

I had this conversation during phone banking tonight. I swear, I am not making it up. Not one single word.

Hello, my name is Jessica and I'm calling on behalf of Senator Obama's Campaign for Change. May I speak with Mr. Smith?

This is Mr. Smith.

Mr. Smith, can we count on you to support Senator Barack Obama this fall for President?

No, I'm voting for Ralph Nader.

Okay, well thank you very much for your time.

Wait, will you pay me?

I'm sorry, sir, I didn't quite catch that.

Will you pay me money? Nader is paying me $50.

No, sir I cannot pay you to vote.

I'll vote for Obama if you pay me $60.

I'm sorry, I cannot do that. Thank you for your time.

But wait, I really will vote for Obama. Pay me $60.

Click.

1 comment:

Brian Gardes said...

People are idiots.