Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So We Got Our Snow Day

Two years in a row we get our first snow day of the season in March.  To be fair, if school had been in session in October we'd have had at least one snow day then but it was Fall Break and the kids were already out.  But seriously, blizzards in October and March?!  Colorado is weird with its weather blending Rocky Mountains.

Today is going to be fun.  Miriam and I made biscuits from scratch for breakfast.  We also scrambled some eggs and added cheese and turkey bacon to make our own breakfast sandwiches.  Yum!  Lunch will be leftover pasta and veggie bake from last night.  And for dinner tonight -- it's Taco Extravaganza!  I'm going to make more salsa, simmer chicken and good stuff in the crock pot and top everything with tomato, avocado, lettuce and cheese.

The Number is screaming at me right now but I'm telling it to chill out.  I had one biscuit (153 calories, because I was curious) with one slice of bacon and tiny servings of cheese and eggs.  And it filled me up so much that I won't need any snacks this morning.  Plus I might have a salad at lunch instead of the pasta stuff.  Tacos will be okay -- they're chicken, the tortillas are multi-grain, there is no sour cream and I'm not venturing out to get any, I'll have a reasonable amount of cheese and some black beans.  It'll be great.  So, chill out Number voices.  I've got it under control here.

The kids have decided to spend all day in their pajamas, which is fine by me.  The boys are watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Miriam is going through her school memory box.  She keeps bringing me cute pictures and stuff she did in pre-school and kindergarten.  She's amazed by some of the things she's done.  I heard talk of some sort of treasure hunt game that the kids invented last night.  I think they're going to continue that today.  I'm not sure what it entails but they love it.  Later we'll put on snow pants and go outside to dig the car out and throw snow at each other.  If you're lucky I'll get some snowy photos.  I'm going to get ahead on laundry, pack my bag for this weekend and maybe paint my nails.  OPI is calling to me.

I heart snow days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got 4.5" of snow on Sunday,21st.
This is so unusual for this area.
Very weird weather this year!
G.M.

Veronica V Photography said...

Yay for snow days in March! See, I'm not one who minds the snow in March, though so people seem to be very upset, especially if it snows on Easter lol. We actually had quite a bit of snow on Thursday night - the day before, it was 60 degrees and sunny! Crazy Ohio.