Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Coincidences

I forgot to write about this when it happened two weeks ago.  I was home from work and Paul had jury duty.  When he got out of the courthouse we met for lunch at Bombay Bowl.  As we got our food and found a place to sit, Paul said, "Hey!  There's Blake!"  Blake is one of our friends, whom we met because he works with Caleb.  I looked and not only was Blake there, but also three other friends.  We got tables near each other and chatted a bit while we ate.  And then Caleb showed up.  At that point it had been a couple of weeks since I'd seen Jennifer or Caleb so it was nice to catch up unexpectedly like that.

It makes me really happy when these kinds of things happen.  My sense of contentment and community are reinforced by running into people I like when I least expect it.

No comments: