Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Veggies!

You know how They say you have to offer less palatable foods to resistant children multiple times?  Somehow you're supposed to be able to wear them down and sucker them into liking things like vegetables.  Well, my kids are living, breathing, eating proof that this works.

Seven years, I have tried to get Solomon to eat and enjoy citrus fruits.  Seven years.  Last week, he ate a clementine and now he loves them.

Miriam turned up her cute little nose at asparagus for the better part of two years. Then she relented and would eat just the stalks and leave behind the budded tops.  I told her tonight that we were having asparagus as part of dinner and she cheered.  And she ate the entire stalks and buds.

Samuel ate half a zucchini and half a yellow squash tonight.  He was sad when I told him I might not have room in the roasting pan for them since I was making several other things.  So I squeezed them in.

Also tonight, Solomon ate roasted carrots.  The kids have always been good at eating raw carrots but that requires mucho ranch dressing for dipping.  Tonight he ate 5 of them!

So, once again, They are right.  And I'm happy with Them.

1 comment:

t. said...

yay for kids who like veggies!