Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Parent Teacher Conferences, Again

I met with each of the kids' teachers.  They're all doing fantastically.  I already knew that, but it's nice to have their teachers say so, you know?  I am so proud of them and all of their hard work.  I told each of the kids that their hard work is what makes me happiest.  Getting As is nice and all, but what I really want is to know that they're all doing their best and giving it their all.

Everyone is 'proficient' in all the core subjects -- meaning that they are performing at grade level -- except for one.  Solomon has almost caught up in reading.  That's been the subject he has struggled with immensely since first grade.  Fortunately, between his perseverance and his teachers' patience, he's doing much better.  He has made huge strides in fluency and comprehension just since this year began so I have a great feeling about how things will look when we meet again in a couple of months.

On the behavior front, things are good also.  Fortunately, that hasn't been a problem with my kids.  I feel very lucky -- at least, when they're at school.  Ha!  Home is another issue entirely, but it usually is, right?

So that's how things are at school.  My kids are brilliant.

/shameless bragging

1 comment:

t. said...

yay! :) that is great that they are doing so well.