Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Google Voice Message 2

This is Matt Eaton press one. Yeah, this is calling from you. Yeah, this message is 4. Jessica Xxxxx. Yeah, Jessica Xxxxx. You, yeah You, yeah, Hi. This is an important message from Midland Independent School District. Due to current weather conditions are friends, I've traveled all of my S T campuses will be closed today's Tuesday 3rd with 23rd 2002. Yelling early morning will be valuation, Midland. I guess the administration transportation officials and local law enforcement of green has current weather conditions are touch with will not improve over the next several hours. Therefore, all of my few campuses will be close to the 8th and all extracurricular event are canceled until further notice. Yeah if you have further questions, please log on to our website at W. W. W, Dot Net, and, I, S, T, dot net for more information. Yeah if you had an questions. I've got this message, please contact the school at 413 came in 6 and 9 1 me around around around there are no more messages. Goodbye your messages will not be repeated.

I have a daily alarm on my phone set for 5:30 am.  This morning I got a phone call before the alarm went off but in my sleepy stupor I thought it was the alarm so I hit snooze, which also happens to be the button that rejects a call.  When the alarm went off I saw that I had missed a call from the superintendent of the district where I used to work and the kids went to school.  I fell asleep, had a weird dream about the people I used to work with and woke up when the alarm went off again.

Then I got curious about why anyone from the superintendent's office would be calling me, especially at 5:00 am my time and 6:00 am their time.  No one from human resources has any reason to call me and if they did, they wouldn't do it that early, right?  So I checked my voicemail.  There was a message stating that due to bad weather conditions, school and all extracurricular activities have been canceled today.  It was perfectly understandable.  But then I got the transcript from Google Voice and I almost ROFLed.  Seriously.

A couple of things to point out regarding this message:
  • No where in the audio of the message did the call reference Matt Eaton.  As far as I know that isn't a real person having anything to do with MISD.  So I left it.
  • Somehow the transcription got my last name right so I censored that.  Those of you who know my last name can just imagine it's there.  Those of you who don't know my last name ... well, to my knowledge no one reading this blog doesn't know my last name.  But I'm still not leaving it there.  Duh.
  • The bolded portion that reads, 'Your message will not be repeated," is especially entertaining to me because the message was repeated.
  • With the exception of one call from the kids' school asking if we wanted to keep our enrollment slots for the coming school year, I haven't gotten a call from a school official in the last 2 years.  I have no idea which database they're getting my number from but if it means I get funny messages like this, I'm never changing my number.

No comments: