Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Reasons to Smile This Week

1. The kids have wanted to sleep with me every night since they came home.

2. One of the doctors brought a "That Was Easy" button to work today. He told me to drop something and ask him to pick it up. I dropped my pen and he picked it up, pushed the button in his lab coat pocket and laughed hysterically.

3. The little girl that yelled "I just farted on the doctor's chair!"

4. The other little girl that swore up and down that there was nothing wrong with her stomach. Or her ears. Or her eyes. Or her throat. Or anything else.

5. The boy that looked at me after I put on his band-aid and said, with utmost sincerity, "I'll take care of this because it's a boo-boo."

6. Samuel saying "I'm sleepy. Can we go somewhere else fun now?" as we were headed home.

7. The thrilled "Mommy!" (complete with neck-breaking hugs) I get when I pick up the kids every day after work.

8. Solomon offering to let Samuel play the new video game first even though he was dying to play. I didn't even prompt him to do it.

9. The picture Miriam drew for me yesterday just because she missed me while I was at work.

10. Thanks to a community organization, all the kids' school supplies are packed up and ready to go in two weeks. Dang it! Make that one week!

11. Brownies.

12. The long, slow, soaking rain yesterday and today's much cooler temperatures.

13. My new guaranteed 3-day weekends every week.

No comments: