Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Past Three Days

Friday afternoon, the kids and I witnessed a car accident. A head-on collision right in front of us. Both drivers were alone and were up and walking around afterward but they went to the hospital as a precaution. It was pretty scary.

I babysat Noah and Adam last night while Jennifer and Caleb went out. The kids and I had a lot of fun. I will never understand how kids can play so hard and stay up so late but still get up so early, though.

We went swimming this afternoon for what is probably the last time until next summer. The weather is consistently cooling off and we are so busy with school and work that I doubt we'll fit it in again.

Samuel stepped on a bee at the pool. He is such a tough kid and there is not much that phases him, but he cried solidly for 20 minutes. Hard. My poor baby. We came home immediately and put baking soda on it. He's had two doses of Benadryl and he let me put an ice pack on it. He is sleeping now. I hope it doesn't wake him up tonight and that he feels alright tomorrow.

Two tornadoes touched down 10 minutes south of here this evening. It doesn't seem like there was much damage so far. Several co-workers live in that area and I'm hoping everyone is okay. The storm blew past us pretty quickly. We had a bit of thunder and a lot of wind but no rain or hail. Now we are covered by some pretty awesome looking clouds.

I am tired.

1 comment:

Brian Gardes said...

The summer storms are amazing. But, it is sad that summer is over. Back to school :(

Too bad about your son and the bee. What a lousy way to end summer!!!