Friday, August 15, 2008

Conflict

I've spent today being annoyed and happy, by turns.

Annoyed that I couldn't sleep in longer after staying up too late. Happy that at least I didn't have to get up for work.

Annoyed that the kids are bickering with each other. Happy that they are here and not in Albuquerque.

Annoyed that the Olympics are on so late at night. Happy that the Olympics are on.

Annoyed that there is so much school shopping still to do. Happy that I did find everything we need. (And grateful that a lot was provided.)

Annoyed that the boys insist on playing loud 'battle' games. Happy that they are playing together.

Annoyed that my eldest finds it perfectly acceptable to burst out in ear-splitting shouts of joy at the drop of a hat. Happy that he is so happy.

Annoyed that the summer break isn't longer. Happy that the school is such a good one.

All this conflict has given me a headache. I'm annoyed by that. I'm happy that it's bed time.

1 comment:

Brian Gardes said...

thank you for visiting my blog! Glad I could return the favor. Your family sounds a lot like mine. Loud shouts of joy that you wish were just a bit softer, a summer vacation with the kids that seems both too short and too long, and a love of competitive international athletics that would best be served an hour or two earlier.

Thanks for dropping by. I'll stop back soon!