Sunday, August 31, 2008

On My Window

This morning I was getting ready for church and saw the unmistakable silhouette of a praying mantis through the curtain on my bedroom window. The insect was on the outside of the screen and the kids and I watched it for several minutes. We were actually late for church because of it.



Funny story, I actually looked up 'praying mantis' at Merriam-Webster.com because I couldn't decide if I should spell it 'preying' or 'praying'. The former makes more sense to me because it's a carnivorous insect and preys on other insects. But I could see it being the latter also since it sits in the traditional position for prayer. Anyway, it's definitely 'praying mantis.'

I find it a tad ironic that I saw a praying mantis on Sunday morning while getting ready for church. It's even more so, since my church is not known for prayer in the traditional sense. Ha!

1 comment:

Brian Gardes said...

I love little surprises like that! What a great way to start your day!