Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rosa's Deliciousness

Rosa's Cafe & Tortilla Factory is one of the best Tex-Mexican places to eat.  Sadly, they are only in West Texas.  I've craved nachos, steak burritos, tomatillo salsa and chocolate cake from there for over 2 years.  :le sad sigh:

As we sped through Amarillo a few weeks ago after our week in Arkansas I saw a billboard for Rosa's and my mouth immediately began to water.  We were not hungry really; we'd just had lunch an hour out of Oklahoma City and some light snacks shortly after the OK/TX border.  But the part of my brain that reminds me to indulge in simple pleasures when I can because that's what life is made of, that part I'm trying to listen to a lot more often -- that part was screaming at me, "Stop! Gobble up some nachos! Snarf down a hunk of chocolate cake! It will be good for you!"

So we did.  I cut across 3 lanes of I-40 traffic and careered down the exit ramp, flipped a quick U-ie and came to a happy stop right in front of Rosa's.






I pinkpuffyglitteryheart Rosa's.

1 comment:

t. said...

yum! looks like my kinda place.