Saturday, April 18, 2009

Why I Like Today

  • I didn't have to go any where in the 7" of snow.
  • My house is really, really clean.
  • I love my new bedroom.
  • I made a fantastic chocolate cake with fabulous icing, all from scratch.
  • The fantastic chocolate cake with fabulous icing is delicious.
  • We had pizza rolls and baby carrots for dinner -- tasty and easy.
  • We watched The Goonies last night and the kids liked it so much, they watched it twice more today.
  • I shaved my head again.
  • I also cut the boys' hair and Samuel asked for a mohawk. He's very cool and very cute.
  • I watched 2 cute movies on TBS -- ones I haven't seen before.
  • I'm now watching Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. I have only seen the first one and I assume this one is as good as the first. Actually, the books are really good, the movies are only decent and only because of Colin Firth; Renee Zellweger is just so-so. In any other movie Renee Zellweger is really annoying with her sourpuss-squinty face. But now I'm rambling, rather than listing reasons why I like today. Moving along ...
  • I had really good coffee with half and half this morning. I don't remember the last time I did that. It's been a very long time.
  • I have lit lots of wonderful little candles, for no other reason than because I just like them.
  • I can feel that wisdom tooth trying to expand a bit more but it's not as painful as it was the last time it tried to expand.
  • I am not going to work on Monday; of course, that's because I'm taking Miriam to the dentist but I have a much better gut feeling about this dentist than I did about the last one. I'm big on gut feelings lately.
  • I'm about to begin re-watching Arrested Development. I finished the whole series earlier this week and I've been told it's even better the second time, so here I go.
I think that's it. As if that weren't enough.

1 comment:

t. said...

sounds like a lovely day. :)