Monday, April 27, 2009

Dentist Update

Miriam did very well! I am so relieved. She took the valium, had nitrous oxide and didn't even notice when they injected her gums with anesthetic. Wahoo! It took quite a while to do the work that she needed but she didn't complain. I was worried that she would be in pain tonight after the anesthesia wore off, but she hasn't said anything about it. I am so proud of her! We still have to go back in a couple of weeks for one more, much smaller cavity. But we're done with the majority of her work.

Samuel had x-rays and cleaning done. He has no cavities! We got to see his x-rays and they show his adult teeth ready to come in during the next several months. He's anxious to have his first loose tooth but it could still be a while; he didn't get his first teeth until about 9 months old so he's a little late in that area.

Solomon also had x-rays and cleaning. He has one small cavity and needs his molars sealed so we'll do that next week. The dentist said we need to see an orthodontist for an evaluation. Solomon's upper bicuspids are coming in a bit high and are not aligned with his other teeth. He also has some flaring out of his molars on the top. I really hope we don't have to do braces but that remains to be seen.

All in all, it was a good trip. Any dentist visit that doesn't include crying and hyperventilating is a good one, in my book!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Wahoo! It is ALWAYS great when our children can have procedures without obvious pain or frustration. I'm glad for them and for you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! This makes me feel like such a baby. My niece and nephews can go to the dentist without freaking out, but when I went last time they had to give me laughing gas. Humph! I:<

-Charissa

Ms. Jess said...

Oh, make no mistake -- nitrous oxide is laughing gas and Miriam had plenty of it, with valium to boot. And Solomon will most definitely have nitrous when he goes back, too.