Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tough Times

We've had a run of tough days lately. I can see the proverbial light at the end of the proverbial tunnel but what I really want is for this last week to be proverbial instead of actual.

It started last weekend with a stomach virus that hit us for the second time in 3 weeks. And it just would not go away. I haven't slept well in over a week because I've expected to be woken by ominous coughing and gagging. It's hard to relax.

Miriam has a large cavity that has to be filled tomorrow. She's nervous. I'm nervous. I'm trying really hard not to show how nervous I am because I know that will only make it worse. I have to wake her tomorrow morning at 4:00 if she's going to eat any breakfast because she can't eat for 4 hours before the procedure. And then I'll be giving her some Valium before we head out the door. I really hate this.

Solomon has been extremely stressed. He's exhibiting some symptoms that worry me. I'm not sure of everything that's going on because he refuses to tell me. We went to the doctor to get some guidance and for now we're just watching him. I just want it to go away.

Summer can't come soon enough. We need a break from school and our whole routine really. Sigh.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I hope everything goes very well for Miriam tomorrow. You are a great Mom and your kids are lucky to have you. Remember that you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was close by so maybe I could help you in some way. Just know that I am so proud of you and how you are parenting your children. Sending my love your way.
G.M.

Anonymous said...

Hope that everything went well for Miriam. I hate going to the dentist. He always makes me gag. Hope you find out what is bugging Solomon.

I love you XOXOXOXOXO
-Charissa