Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nice Moments

I took the kids out to dinner last night for no reason really. I just felt like surprising them and they love Red Robin so we went. We had a great time laughing and talking about their school day and my work day. At one point, I said, "I love you guys so much. You know that right?" Solomon looked at me and said, "That's the thing you say to us the most!"

I was really happy to hear that from him. Sometimes I feel like so much of my time is spent nagging them to pick up their shoes and do their homework and brush their teeth that they might look back on their childhoods and wonder why I was so uptight. I know I can get pretty intense about that stuff but if they're not hung up on it now, maybe they won't be in 20 years, either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand completely. Sometimes I think the number one word that comes out of my mouth is "no" followed closely by the names of my daughters.

Hopefully it is the nights out that they will remember.

Erin said...

That's so sweet.