Sunday, March 8, 2009

How Did They Get to be This Cool?

Samuel and Solomon like Linkin Park. (Obviously, I censor what they listen to.) All three kids are well on their way to appreciating music as much as I do.

Miriam is compassionate. Her teacher told me she translates for the child in her class who knows very little English.

Solomon wants to be a movie director. He's making a movie in his head already. Every once in a while he tells me about a new part in it.

Miriam wants to be an artist when she grows up. I tell her that she already is and she beams. One of her art projects was chosen to be displayed in a shopping mall near here.

Solomon really loves chess. A few weeks ago he said, "Chess club is kind of a dorky thing to do, isn't it? That's okay, I like being a nerd."

Samuel has a mental running list of his favorite songs. Every once in a while one comes on the radio and he dances along or plays air guitar. Sometimes he informs me that one of his favorite songs has changed or he gets mad at me for changing the station in the middle of a new favorite song.

The kids' favorite shows are on the Discovery Channel. They love Dirty Jobs, Man vs. Wild, Mythbusters and Cash Cab.

3 comments:

Dave said...

You have 3 great kids and I can tell you are very proud of them and you should be. I listen to Linkin Park with Zach and they are cool just like S and S (your boys!).
dr

Anonymous said...

Awww. Those are great interests for them to have. Congrats to Miriam for getting her artwork displayed, and to Solomon for doing what he wants to even though people say it is dorky. I really want to see Samuel play air guitar. I can just imagine it...

-Charissa

Brian Gardes said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go!!!