Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sure, You Will

Nervous 8-year-old-boy: Am I getting a shot today? Or a stick in my throat?

Me: No, the doctor just needs to talk to you and your mom.

Boy: Are you sure? 'Cause I don't like that stick in my throat. You know, the one that makes you want to throw up? And then you do throw up. I don't like that.

Me: Yes, I'm sure we don't have to do that today.

Boy: Good, because if you were going to do that to me, I'd just run away. I'd run away to the Big 5 store.

Me: Big 5 is across the street and there's a lot of traffic. That might be dangerous.

Boy: No, because if I run fast enough, I can fly over all the cars. I think sometimes I could fly over the tallest building in the world.

Me: tries -- unsuccessfully -- to stifle laughter

1 comment:

Dave said...

It's so great working with kids! Maybe you should write all this stuff down and publish a book.
DR