Saturday, March 14, 2009

Drama King

I can't help but laugh at Solomon several times per week. He is so dramatic about illness and injury that he becomes convinced he is knocking at death's door on a regular basis. He just came to me, gasping for breath, and wrote a note that says, "Samuel brok my ryb. He hit me with his nakel." When asked what a 'nakel' is, he croaked, "His knuckle." I laughed and he made a face of impotent fury.

Now he is lying on the sofa with an ice pack on his side and looking very sorry for himself. For the record, he provoked Samuel into wrestling and he doesn't even have a red mark on his skin.

Last night we had dinner at Chick-Fil-A and Solomon refused to eat anything from the fruit cups I had ordered. He was anxious to go play with his siblings and cousins but I told him he had to choose 5 pieces of fruit to eat first. He nibbled on half an apple chunk and claimed it had given him a headache.

Solomon once told me his appendix had just exploded. I told him that if that had happened, he'd have been lying on the floor writhing in agony. He let it drop then, but he called me at work the next day and said, "This time I'm sure my appendix exploded. I can feel it." I had him jump up and down and when I didn't hear screaming I felt pretty sure he was okay. It's a good thing I'm not as much a hypochondriac as he is, or we would be in the doctor's office every other day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if I have ever told you but reading your blog is a daily thing for me now. I love your writing and view of life. Kudo's on the new background!

t. said...

hahaha! as a fellow mom with a drama king of her own, i know very well from where you are coming. i've gotten two calls this school year alone from the school nurse telling me that andrew is in her office complaining of an exploding eardrum.

neither time did he have an ear infection. or even a slight elevation in temperature. lol

Anonymous said...

I love the way you tell your little life stories! Knowing Solomon, none of this surprises me!

Dad