Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sentimental Clothing

I was reorganizing some things today and I found the dress I wore in my uncle's wedding when I was 4. I was the flower girl and Mom made the dress. Miriam saw me refolding the dress and fell in love with it so I offered to let her play in it today. She's so petite that it fits her perfectly at age 7. It was kind of surreal to see her running around in it all afternoon.

We also found some of the baby clothes I am keeping for sentimental reasons. I discovered that I have been holding on to some clothes that weren't as meaningful as I first thought so I got rid of those. But there is a dress and bonnet set that I will never part with. Miriam fell in love with it, too and I let her put it on her Cabbage Patch doll. She couldn't believe she was ever that little. If she only knew.

No comments: