Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Healthy Nutrition, Part 2

I was in Starbucks again -- a different one -- this morning for another vanilla latte and noticed their breakfast food case. They had the same sign reading Healthy Breakfast Destination but this sign was longer and had a short menu of sorts printed on it. It listed oatmeal, yogurt parfaits and fruit cups with their calorie counts. On a shelf above this case was the full assortment of unhealthy breakfast treats.

I think someone at the other Starbucks missed part of the corporate memo and just plastered the 'healthy' sign to the food case. Only, it didn't fit and they didn't want to change out all their food items anyway so they cut the sign and disregarded the nutritional value of all their treats.

I know which Starbucks I'll frequent more often now. And it's only partly because it's closer to work and my grocery store and the baristas are nicer. Ha!

No comments: