Sunday, January 11, 2009

Marc Broussard

It was everything I dreamt of and more -- no exaggeration. Last night ranks in the Top 5 Evenings in my life. Delicious dinner, fun friends, excellent music. It doesn't get any better than that, really.

We went to Sushi Basho first. In case you didn't guess, it's a Japanese restaurant, including some sushi. I didn't particularly like sushi the first time I had it months ago but I actually liked everything I ate last night. We all had some good laughs.

Then we went to the tavern and heard parts of the opening acts: Josh Hoge and Jessie Baylin. Josh Hoge is pretty good. Jessie Baylin has a great voice but she doesn't have much variety in her repertoire. They were enjoyable, but mostly because of the anticipation of waiting for the main event.

And then ... then Mr. Broussard himself took the stage. I was blown away. His music is moving enough just listening on a CD or the laptop. In person, there are no words to describe it. Really. You should have been there.

No comments: