Friday, January 16, 2009

Free Rice

Over a year ago, I discovered the Free Rice Vocabulary Game. I e-mailed family and friends about it, told people at work about it and played it quite a bit. Then, as with most things, I forgot about it for a while.

On a whim, I clicked on my Free Rice bookmark tonight and went over to play. After a while, I noticed a link to Change Subjects so I clicked there and found whole new worlds of Free Rice games! They have added chemistry, math, grammar, art and foreign languages. It's a true nerd paradise!

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I can play games on the internet and I don't have to feel guilty about not doing anything for humanity or turning my brain to mush. I actually learned some stuff tonight and I earned over 10,000 grains of rice for hungry people. Woot!

2 comments:

Brian Gardes said...

Is it wrong of me to wonder how/why the hungry people get the rice?

I have wondered this about the rain forest plants you can give on facebook.

I hope it is true!

Ms. Jess said...

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/freerice.asp

This snopes link give some more information about it. As far as rain forest plants on Facebook -- well, I really have no idea.