Saturday, April 26, 2008

Walk Tall

There is a song titled Walk Tall by John Mellencamp. I can't get enough of it. I have searched the internets far and wide for months and have not been able to find it to add to my playlist. Boo. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find this song for me. If you find it, I'll be forever indebted to you. Really.

Here are the lyrics to get you started:

The simple minded
And the uninformed
Can be easily led astray
And those that cannot connect the dots
Hey, look the other way
People believe what they want to believe
When it makes no sense at all
So becareful of those who
Kill in Jesus' Name and don’t believe in
Killing at all.

Somewhere out in the distance
Is the death of you and me
Even though we don't think of it much
It's still out there for us to see
If you treat your life like a bar room fight
You'll die stinking of gin
No drunkards allowed in heaven
No sinners will get in.

So be careful in what you believe in
There's plenty to get you confused
And in this land called paradise
You must walk in many men's shoes
Bigotry and hatred are enemies to us all
Grace, mercy and forgiveness
Will help a man walk tall.


Those are just the verses. The chorus is a bunch of 'walk talls' that sort of run into each other and are kind of a pain to wade through in printed form. Anyway, if you find a link to the song, let me know. My undying gratitude will be your prize. And if you can't find it, well then, enjoy the lyrics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the song was on ITUNES, which they charged .99 cents. If you don't have a account I can buy it for you and email it to you.

Anonymous said...

Its also on the 20th century CD for John Mellencamp.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=266168375&s=143441,

which I have seen in best buys, so maybe you can get the cd through best buy or somewhere now that you know what he cd is called.

Ms. Jess said...

You're too kind! Thank you for the offer. I actually have the CD that you mentioned. What I've been looking for is the song in a form to add to my playlist here and on myspace. Sadly, I am beginning to think it does not exist.