Friday, April 4, 2008

Bigfoot Lives Upstairs

It has to. Seriously. That's the only explanation for the thumping, stomping, pacing footsteps to which I am subjected every evening.

It's worst on Friday afternoon and evening. I think it's because the beast must be attempting to clean its cave of an apartment after a long week of neglecting household chores. I picture the creature clomping about on hairy feet with crusted toenails, picking up clutter, putting laundry in to wash, loading the dishwasher.

It follows a similar pattern to my own housecleaning. Lots of moving about in the kitchen. Living room to bedrooms. Back and forth from laundry room to closets. I could feel something of a kinship to it, if the the rumblings weren't so mind-numbingly loud.

1 comment:

Teresa Hooker said...

AAAh the Joys of living on the bottom floor!