Friday, April 25, 2008

My New Favorite Movie

I know I'm about 4 months behind the rest of the country, but I finally watched Juno. Best movie I have seen in a very long time. I enjoyed every minute of it. In fact, I watched it on Monday night and could have watched it again immediately if it hadn't been so late. I did watch it again on Wednesday night. In order to leave it unspoiled for those who haven't seen it, I'll avoid saying anything about specifics.

I will say though, that it is an excellent story, told by wonderful actors in an ordinary setting that makes it easy to relate to. It runs the emotional gamut with hilarious comedic moments, a few incredibly touching scenes and still others that are very uncomfortable. It's tied together perfectly, coming full circle in the end. It even makes you second guess the ending that you know just has to happen. It's a very smart movie, too. Even after seeing it twice, I'm left with a few questions about the back story; they're not important in the grand scheme of the movie, but it's enough of a mystery to be intriguing.

This is one for my meager DVD collection. And I hardly ever say that.

No comments: