Friday, January 18, 2008

Rambling About Nothing Much

As it turns out, I'm not as sick as I thought I was. Yay for flu shots! It is rather annoying, however to walk around for three days, feeling as if I need to sneeze all the time.

I like this packing up process. It's good to have the opportunity to go through all my stuff and throw out useless stuff. I love simplifying my life this way. I have made two trips to Goodwill this month. I've also taken numerous loads of stuff to the dumpster outside.

Pandora.com is one of the coolest sites I have come across. You can search for a music artist you really like and they'll offer other choices in a similar genre. From there, I can search for them on Project Playlist and create a playlist to fit my current mood.

I met an internet friend IRL yesterday. (IRL means "in real life" -- 'cause you know, the internet isn't actually real and has no bearing on my life.) It was very cool. She and I have known each other online for a few years now. It was sort of surreal to see this person that knows some very private stuff about me, in the flesh for the first time.

I think I need to drop BCIS. It's that computer class that I was told I have to have. Looking at the book and the syllabus has struck fear into my poor little heart. I need something a little less stressful right now.

And that brings us to the end of this episode of Rambling About Nothing Much. Stay tuned for the next installment which could well feature musings about the dust bunnies I am sure to encounter when I move my furniture out of this place.

Edited to say ... for some reason this post says it was on Friday, January 18. I actually posted it on Sunday, January 20. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

2 comments:

Tom Hall said...

I love it when you ramble! Comments about two of your topics: 1) meeting "internet friends"; there is always the warning about people not being what they "front", but I have done this three times and all three were wonderful experiences. Maybe it is because I took so long to get to know the people before I would agree to meet? 2) throwing out useless stuff - I HATE that! When I start going thru stuff, I find all kinds of stuff that a normal person wouldnt keep, but "you know I just can't bear to let {it} go" (qv Dan Seals). I tend to put a sentimental value on things because of how they remind me of an instance where a child was involved, or because a child made the item. I have papers and "art" from my kids that I just wont let go, and even they dont understand why I keep it. I have lawn decorations from previous houses that remind me of good times at the old house. I'm sure if I threw them away, I would never think of them again, but ... I cant. So .... in summary, or as a consequence, I have A LOT OF JUNK!

Ms. Jess said...

1) The only thing I regret, is not meeting her sooner. Since we are moving next week, I have no idea when I might get to see her again.
2) I do keep a lot my kids' artwork and other things like that. And I don't hesitate to keep something if I think I may want it later. But when 'later' becomes 'now' and it doesn't mean anything new to me, I toss it.