Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Habit? Sleepiness?

So I started this blog yesterday with the intention of not blogging on myspace again. And what do I do? Go and put a brand spanking new blog post about New Year's resolutions on myspace at 11:30 pm. I don't know if it was from habit or sleepiness. So much for new beginnings.

To remedy this, I am going to transfer that post here. Here goes ...

At the party last night, we all listed what our New Year's resolutions would be. Corny, I know but hey, there was some really great wine -- corniness is to be expected after a point. Ha!

I listed the ususal 'workout, be more patient with my children, yadayadayada.' But then I thought about it some more tonight. I have decided my theme for 2008 is to Do Things on Purpose. I realized that most of my decisions in the last few years have been made as the result of situations around me. I need to do more things on purpose.


I've already started this without realizing it. I was dissatisfied with my church home so I found a better fit. I went back to school and set major education and career goals. I am packing up my life and moving (In one month! Ack!) half way across the country. Those are purposeful decisions that were not forced on me. I want to live my whole life like that. I will not let situational factors dictate my life.

Specifically, I am going to seek out an outdoor hobby the children and I can pursue together. I'm thinking biking. I am going to make it a point to discover new music, books and art. I am going to be more active in chronicling our daily life in my journal so the little things don't get lost. (In that same vein, I have started a blog separate from myspace. More about that in a future blog post here.)

So there you have it ... 2008 is going to be a phenomenal year.

Whew. I feel so much better now.

No comments: