Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kids Are Gross

So Samuel picks his nose, in public. And to my eternal shame, he occasionally eats the contents, also in public. Excuse me while I dry heave ... okay, better now.

I've tried and tried and tried to discourage this activity by all means possible. I have come to the conclusion that he will have to be shamed out of it by his peers. I wash my hands of it. Literally. Ick.

Anyway, we were at a birthday party held in a public party establishment. The kids spent 90 minutes bouncing in air castles, flying down 10 foot slides and battling their way through inflated obstacle courses. It was really a lot of fun.

After play time we all lined up and proceeded to another room for the cake and presents portion of the party. There was a party attendant standing at the door, squirting Germ-X onto all the children's hands. As Samuel approached the attendant, he chose that particular moment to indulge in his disgusting habit. The poor attendant looked absolutely repulsed and said, "You're getting a lot of this stuff."

Yeah, kids are gross.

I'm going to have to beg Samuel's forgiveness for this post in 10 years.

2 comments:

t. said...

rofl!

Veronica V Photography said...

OMG! This cracked me up. Em used to eat her boogers, but it was when she turned 5 or so that she stopped. It was so gross. She'd do that straight line down from nose to mouth. ICK! She's in third grade now and there's this little boy that eats his boogers all day long. I cannot imagine! I never ate mine. I just stuck them on the wall. lol