Saturday, February 14, 2009

Did You Know ... ?

1. At work, I keep my work keys and a pen in my left scrub pocket and my cell phone and lip gloss in my right pocket. Always.

2. Also at work, I use the same pen for weeks until it either breaks or runs out of ink.

3. In the shower, I always, always, always wash my hair first. The other stuff is done in whatever order I remember but the hair comes first.

4. If I have a dinner plan, I'm a lot more likely to look forward to cooking it and enjoy eating it than if I just come in from work and scramble eggs or make quesadillas.

5. If I weren't a nurse, I'd be a forensic anthropologist.

6. Some of my favorite books are gory, non-fiction titles about death and investigating death.

7. I think the men that host a lot of shows on the Discovery channel are among the most attractive on television: Mike Rowe, Bear Grylls, Adam Wood.

8. Since moving to Colorado, I've stopped wearing as much make up -- not that I've ever worn a lot -- and stopped worrying so much about being 'dressed.' I think I was destined to live here and be more comfortable in my own skin.

9. A down side to being more comfortable in my own skin is that I've gained some weight. I need to lose it. Sigh.

10. I used to really like romantic comedies but I don't any more.

11. If I didn't have children, I'd live in a little loft apartment in downtown Denver, sell my car and bike every where. Or almost every where. And I'd buy a large, short-haired dog.

12. I like going to movies alone.

13. I like loading the dishwasher but despise unloading it. I'd rather clean both of the toilets in my home than unload the dishwasher.

14. I hate mopping the floor, too. I can go weeks without mopping the floors. I sweep regularly and will spot clean with a dirty dishrag instead of mopping.

15. I do not like butter substitutes. I converted to butter 3 years ago and I'll never go back.

16. I probably spend too much time with my computer, but I don't care.

17. I know I watch too much television and I don't care about that, either.

18. I recently discovered that I like bleu cheese. A lot.

19. I hate arcades and arcade-type places. Unfortunately, my children love them.

20. I also hate carnivals and the stupid games at fairs.

21. I didn't like sushi the first time I tried it but I did the second time. Same with Indian food.

22. I'm a Snopes fiend. If you send me an alarmist e-mail forward, there is a 100% chance that I will research it through Snopes. If it's inaccurate, I'll reply to you with the link.

23. I'm an extremely suspicious person. I still haven't decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

24. I used to buy a purse and use it for months and months at a time. Even a couple of years. Recently I decided to branch out and buy more purses. It's more fun than I thought it would be.

25. This time of year, I'm kind of proud of myself that I can file my own tax return. I secretly scoff at people who file a simple 1040 and pay someone to do it. (Thanks, Dad!)

26. I moved a lot as a kid and didn't like it then. Now I like that I had all those experiences at a young age. But I still don't want my own kids to move that much. They get enough of that between here and Albuquerque.

27. Blogging is so good for me, I wish I'd started it sooner.

28. I saw a therapist once for about 3 months. That was so good for me, I should have done it much sooner than I did.

29. I greatly increased my water intake a few weeks ago and now I find that I miss it if I don't drink much during the day. I have to make up for it at night before I go to bed. That is sometimes inconvenient.

30. I recently discovered that I can tolerate -- and even enjoy -- some beers.

31. I never thought I'd get divorced, but I'd much rather be divorced than married the way I was.

32. I don't care if the toilet paper roll goes over or under.

33. Occasionally, I get emotional about my kids growing up and wish it happened more slowly. But for the most part, I want them to grow up and become independent just as quickly as they are.

34. I really like staying in hotels. It's fun to drop my towels on the floor and not make the bed or worry that I should be doing something other than vegging on the bed and watching crap tv.

35. My favorite actress is Kate Winslet.

36. I frequently stay up much later than I should. I'd probably be 20% more productive if I went to bed 2 hours earlier every night.

37. I can make really, really good sangria.

38. I'd like to see the Sham Wow guy and Billy Mays in a cage match, but only on mute.

39. I get strange satisfaction out of shopping around for stuff and getting things ridiculously cheaply.

40. I enjoy spending an entire day in my pajamas. Sometimes I get up, shower and put on clean pajamas for the rest of the day.

41. No matter how bad a day I've had, there is some kind of music that can always make it a little bit better.

42. I appreciate sarcastic, crude, crass humor. Most of the time.

43. I thrive on routines but I have a hard time establishing them.

44. I have little patience for dense, obtuse people.

45. I was either pregnant or nursing or both from September 1999 through June 2006.

46. I nursed all three of my children for 6 weeks after Samuel was born and before Solomon weaned.

47. I have read a couple of books that were so good that I want to read them again, but I can't remember their titles and no amount of searching or cross-referencing at the library has found them.

48. I like to paint my toenails but I rarely paint my fingernails.

49. I am sometimes too invested in my Sim families.

50. I do not like air fresheners, air sanitizers or any other substance meant to be sprayed willy-nilly throughout a house.

51. I like to light candles for no reason.

52. Random movie lines pop into my head at odd times. I once went on a blind double date with a couple I knew and their friend. My date and I ended up laughing more at the same random movie lines than we did conversing with the couple.

53. I've had some of the same internet friends for over 5 years.

54. I do not see the appeal of Star Wars. My boys do.

55. The Ped Egg commercial really grosses me out.

56. The Snugee commercial really annoys me. What are bathrobes for?

57. Alec Baldwin is my least favorite actor, maybe my least favorite person ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you do have kiddies. Otherwise I wouldn't have the amazing niece and nephews I have now. Speaking of the tots, give them each a kiss and a hug from me.

-Charissa xoxo

t. said...

i love this post! i like to shower and put on fresh jammies, too!