Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happiness Is ...

... sitting on my couch with delicious coffee and my laptop.

... new music and finding myself in the lyrics.

... a clean house.

... a good night's sleep.

... Christmas over and (almost) the best one I could have asked for.

... watching my kids morph into mini-adults, with thoughts and opinions and goals.

... having a job I enjoy, am good at and am appreciated for.

... living in a place with 4 distinct seasons, mountains, electric blue skies and options, options, options.

... my Christmas tree.

... being content in this place. Right here, right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a marvelous list for happiness. I can identify with many items on your list, but somehow I think the key to all the happiness lies in the last statement...contentment. I am so thrilled that you have a handle on that. I think you have been able to be content since you were in late elementary or maybe early jr.high, at least in most things. You have been able to identify what was most important to YOU and follow through on those things. I have always admired that in you. Also, your decision, more recently, "to live deliberately," is (in my view) a maturation of that. I applaud your efforts and hope I can do the same, in my own way. Love, Mom