Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thunderstorms

I love thunderstorms. I love the sounds of the rain and thunder, the flashing of the lightning and most especially the smell. I even enjoy the occasional hail stone.

Texas has some amazing thunderstorms. Last summer was heaven for me. There were several major ones -- ones that began in the early evening and lasted all night. Thunder woke me up a few times and I loved lying in bed and listening to it. When things calmed down, I fell asleep again to the sound of the rain on the windows and on the roof.

I really miss the fantastic thunderstorms in Texas. Thunderstorms are rare in Colorado. I think the worst part is that I am teased way too often. It's very common to see huge rain clouds coming over the mountains. A huge swathe of the sky turns black and I can tell it's raining on the foothills. But then it all dries up and blows away before anything happens here.

We did have a pretty nice thunderstorm this evening, though. There was bona fide window-rumbling thunder and some beautiful lightning. It didn't last long but I soaked it up while I could.

1 comment:

Teresa Hooker said...

Just a quick note to let you know ...Please keep writing! I so enjoy this window into your life.
Sometimes you make me laugh, sometimes you make me cry and almost always you make me remember something from when the kids were little!

I just wanted you to know that even when I go a long time without making a comment don't think I am not reading. I check your page 2-3 times a day! yes I am a fan!

Love,
Teresa