Sunday, June 1, 2008

I Had a Vision

I saw a family today that gave me a glimpse into what may be ahead for me in a few years; two boys and a girl, the girl was the middle child. I say they are siblings because the three of them looked like clones of their father. There was another boy with them that I am guessing was a friend or cousin. The children appeared to range in age from 6 to about 12 or so.

These four children were playing very well together, obviously having a fabulous time. After a few minutes, I heard intentional belching coming from their little group. I looked over to see the eldest boy egging on the younger boys. Then, quite shockingly, the girl burped louder and longer than any of the boys. They were awed. I was too, honestly.

I couldn't help seeing the similarities between this group of children and my own children with their cousins. I wonder if my daughter, surrounded by males as she is, will be a world-class belcher?

No comments: