Friday, March 28, 2008

An Unbalanced Relationship

A song by Ingrid Michaelson ...

If you were falling, then I would catch you.
You need a light, I'd find a match.

Cuz I love the way you say good morning.
And you take me the way I am.

If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better.

Cuz I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am.

I'd buy you Rogaine if you start losing all your hair.
Sew on patches to all you tear.

Cuz I love you more than I could ever promise.
And you take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.
You take me the way I am.


Are you kidding me? This dude loves her just like she is and takes her just the way she is? And she responds by buying him Rogaine so he won't go bald. Why can't she just take him the way he is, bald head and all?

I know, I know -- I'm cynical. Whatever. It just strikes me as a tad callous that she can't accept her other half being bald.

3 comments:

Teresa Hooker said...

yeah true, we all change... My doctor was giving me a fit about my weight and saying David should be mad at me and all my hunny could say when we got to the car was don't feel sad ...I want you healthy but I just gotta say ... " I love you and your body" LOL

Anonymous said...

When I read the lyrics, I interpreted it in line with the rest of the things in the song. If you need/want something I'll get it for you, because I appreciate you. As an early balding individual, I would appreciate Rogaine. I don't mean to sound very contradictory, this post just had two quite personally applicable things for me, and didn't fit the way they do for me. "An Unbalanced Relationship" has been the story-- have been the two stories of my life for the last six and a half years or so. I would much prefer someone who wanted to buy me Rogaine, instead of someone I get to cut my hair (requesting: "the way that looks the least bald") so that I can feel like there is something special between us.

Lance

Ms. Jess said...

That's a different take, Lance. I can appreciate that.