Friday, March 7, 2008

I Belong!

I finally got my Colorado license plates yesterday. So now, since total strangers can't tell that I am a transplant, I actually feel like I belong here. Little do they know that I still possess a Texas driver's license with a hole punched in it and an addendum to prove that I have applied for a Colorado driver's license. I'm fooling them all! Mwahahaha!

I really don't know what that means. I guess it means that I can cross off a few other things on the To Do List. Other than that, the significance is pretty close to nothing. Whatever. I just like typing out the evil laugh.

I felt a little twinge of nostalgia while removing my Texas plates and securing the Colorado ones yesterday. That vehicle was bought in Texas and I've driven it primarily in Texas for well over 5 years. At the time it was purchased, I never considered that I'd ever move to Colorado. I was living a totally different life with no desire to change anything.

I have no idea why the simple act of changing license plates triggered all that thought. The significance of that is pretty nonexistent, too.

No comments: