Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 14, A Song People Wouldn't Expect Me to Like



This video is really long, like ridiculously long.  I first posted a different version on Facebook but that one had disabled embedding so I couldn't put it up and I had to settle for this one instead.

I think this category is a little weird.  One, I don't know what people expect me to like.  Two, I don't care.  I've gone to great lengths to stop thinking so much about what people expect of me and focus more on what I expect of myself.

Anyway, I thought that an older song might be something that people wouldn't expect me to like and I really love this song by Dire Straits so I decided to post it.  Then I was telling Paul about it and he said that he would totally expect me to like this song and I said that was because he knows me better than most people do.  So Paul started trying to think of something that I like that he wouldn't expect me to like.

After some discussion he finally thought of dubstep.  And of course, he's right.  I hadn't even heard of dubstep until a few months ago when Paul and Cole told me about it.  Dubstep isn't a specific song, it's a genre of music that Paul really didn't think I would like.  But I did.  So here's a sample.

No comments: