Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 7, A Song That Reminds Me of an Event



This song is one that I have related to for a few years.  It reminds me of my move from Texas to Colorado 3 1/2 years ago.

I listened to it repeatedly when I was longing to make that move.  It was during that time that I realized home is not as much about the location as it is about the people that are there.  Home means comfort, contentment, love and peace.  It's the feeling I have inside that tells me I'm in the right place.  Every time I hear this song I'm taken back to those feelings of sadness and loneliness and I'm reminded of how good I really have it right here, right now.

P.S. I skipped Day 6, A Song That Reminds Me of Somewhere because a) I couldn't think of one and b) we went to the Rockies vs. Astros game last night and did not get home until reallyreallyreally late.


P.P.S. There was an earthquake last night! No worries -- we are fine. More about that later.

No comments: