Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's Out!!!

Miriam's first loose tooth fell out yesterday. She is unbelievably relieved to have the ordeal over with. We celebrated with great ceremony by placing the tooth carefully under her pillow last night and discussing what the Tooth Fairy might leave in its place. We also took a picture and she wrote on the calendar, "Miriams first gone tooth." (The grammar and word choice are hers entirely.)

By the way, my kids don't actually believe in the Tooth Fairy, just like they don't believe in Santa Claus. But we have discussed how sometimes it's fun to pretend and play games, even when we know the truth. This morning Miriam popped up at my bedside and said, "The Tooth Fairy didn't leave me anything!" I assured her that something must be there and went in search of the quarter. It was behind the bed.

Now, before you chastise me for leaving only a quarter, let me say that a quarter was great for me at 6 years old and so far, quarters have been great for my kids. I have no plans to explain inflation to them until all their baby teeth have fallen out.

No comments: