Thursday, February 14, 2008

An Actual Dream

Over there to the right, I mentioned that I usually don't remember dreams during the night. Today though, I remembered last night's dream all too clearly.

See, I had a job interview this morning at 10:30. I was apprehensive about it -- the recruiter sent me an e-mail with no fewer than 6 attachments containing everything from a summary of the agency's mission to pediatric competency tests -- and that spilled over into my sleeping hours.

In my dream, I suddenly glanced at a clock and saw that it was noon. As I scrambled for a phone to call the agency, I racked my brain for a plausible excuse for being an hour and a half late. But I couldn't find a phone and promptly forgot why I needed a phone anyway. Next thing I knew, I looked at the clock again and it was 3:00. Again, the mad dash for a phone and an excuse. The whole night continued like this until I woke at 5:00 (really awake this time!) and grabbed my phone off the bedside table. Thankfully, I did stop just short of actually dialing the agency. Great night's sleep, huh?

In case you're wondering, the interview went well, but I'm not sure it's what I am looking for. I'm a bit nervous about working for a home health agency in a city that I am not yet familiar with. Also, there's the whole weather constraint since the roads can get very bad here. But the coordinator liked me. There are all sorts of background checks to be completed and more documentation to turn in so it will be a while before I hear anything else from them.

I had another job lead waiting in my e-mail inbox this evening and it sounds interesting, too. Tomorrow, I am going to go to a couple of medical centers in this area and drop off my resume, fill out applications, the whole shebang. Things will continue turning up and eventually something will be exactly what I need.

No comments: