Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Too Comforting?

Miriam came to me in the kitchen tonight, pouting. When I asked her what was wrong she said that she doesn't want to go to school tomorrow.

I thought she was worried about something at school or feeling worse or something. I finally got her to admit that there are no problems at school; she just wanted another day at home with me.

Evidently, we've had too much fun together. I have to admit that it has been kind of nice. We've watched cartoons together, shared hot chocolate and cuddled on the sofa quite a lot. I confessed that I'd really like to stay home with her again too, but that we both need to get back to school and work.

So to celebrate that we're better now, we decided to bake brownies together. Brownies make everything better.

3 comments:

t. said...

awww - you are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

So glad you could have that girl-time together while you were ill. I'm sure with 2 boys around girl-time is hard to find. Do you remember in Jonesboro, once a week your Dad or I would take one of you out alone? I wish we had kept that up. One-on-one time is good.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are both on the mend. Wish I could have tasted the brownies. Love,
G.M.