Sunday, July 19, 2009

Observations Made Between DIA and ABQ

  • Airplane seat belts have extenders for people who don't fit in them otherwise.
  • I like flying; I don't like flying in a hot metal tube with people who need to shower.
  • It really galls me to pay $15 for my one suitcase, both ways. If those $30 were just added to my ticket price, I'd probably be okay with it.
  • One should not bring a tuna fish sandwich on board to eat during a flight.
  • There is television on planes now. The most fascinating channel is the one that shows this thing called Live Map. It updates every minute or so with the speed, altitude and progress of the plane toward its destination. I watched our trip from Denver to Castle Rock to Colorado Springs to Pueblo to the border to Santa Fe to Albuquerque. Our top speed was 574 mph and our highest altitude was 34,054 feet, but not at the same time.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Welcome back to Colorado. Hope you had a wonderful time with your kids.

t. said...

lol!

i agree with you about not enjoying flying in a metal tube with unshowered masses. actually, i don't really enjoy the showered masses. i dream of a day when i have enough money to buy up 3 seats all in a row just for me.

i like the live map thingie, too!

and i've contemplated bringing tuna onboard, but for the comfort of my fellow passengers, i decided to not do that! haha