Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Red Letter Day

  • Miriam has a field trip to the zoo.  Fun, fun, fun!  I packed her lunch with a little I-love-you-have-tons-of-fun note.
  • Samuel has been learning Easy Talk in speech.  It's a method to help him get past stuttering in his daily speech.  I've been encouraging him to use it throughout the day but he's been resistant because he's self-conscious about talking more slowly.  This morning he got really frustrated but stopped, took a breath and switched to Easy Talk and got through it!  I am so proud!!
  • The kids have a school skating party tonight.  There are several of them through the year and they always beg to go.  This is the last one so I agreed to take them.  I'm not looking forward to it, but they are.  Immensely.
  • I have lost 20 pounds!
  • I get to eat 1900 calories today and we are hitting the Wendy's drive-thru before the skating party.
  • My phone rocks.  (I started a post about this and then abandoned it but I will finish it some day.)

2 comments:

t. said...

so awesome, all around! and congrats on the 20 lbs, too.

Dave said...

You and your kids rock! Life is good!