Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Annoying Things in Waiting Rooms

  • Loud conversations about personal medical conditions -- I know it's important to you, but I don't want to hear about your uncle's prostatectomy.
  • Cell phones that ring loudly while the owner stares at it, deciding if they want to answer while the rest of us grit our teeth against the shrill circus music.
  • Abandoned coffee cups, used tissues and other assorted trash -- how hard is it to pick up after yourself?
  • Soap operas and talk shows (i.e. Maury Povich, Steve Wilkos, etc.) on the televisions.
  • Couples having passive aggressive fights at the next table.
  • Everyone complaining that "It's gotten so cold outside!  I can't believe it!"  Um, this is Colorado in October.  What else do you expect?
P.S.  I am very grateful for my iPod and laptop because they make waiting so much more bearable.  And it's much easier to ignore annoyances with music in my ears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! "Wow! It's gotten so cold outside!" I love you Jessica. When I move to Colorado I am going to say that to you every October 20th. :)

-Charissa

t. said...

LOL i hear you on the trash! i saw a guy down the road finish his little plastic cup of espresso and then cross the street to hide said cup in a bush. meanwhile 5 more steps would have placed him right in front of a trash can! i was like 'really?'