Thursday, February 3, 2011

Public Transport


I'm quite used to this now. It's a nice routine. Park my car, board the train, meld into the community of other commuters. We all squeeze into ourselves, taking up as little space as possible, trying not to touch but not put out when it happens. And it does happen -- crowded train, uneven tracks -- it's bound to happen. I start my music, pull out notes or textbook and study, one eye on the scrolling sign that tells me where I am. It takes longer than driving but it's free to me as a student so I save gas, mileage and parking fees. And I get time to study which is in very short supply. Yeah, definitely a nice routine and I'm grateful for it.

Sent via Pony Express

1 comment:

t. said...

i love public transportation and wish there were more of it in the US. (of course, i also hate driving, so maybe that's why i love trains/metros so much!)