Saturday, August 22, 2009

Babysitting

Well, these aren't babies, so I guess it's kidsitting. I'm so happy it's not babysitting. I like babies, but I don't want to be wholly responsible for babies any more.

Kidsitting is so easy. These kids feed themselves. They play together. They go to the bathroom alone. (Well, most of them. Samuel wants company to ward off monsters.) They wash their own hands and brush their own teeth. I'll spread out sleeping bags in another hour and tell them to lie down and watch a movie. With any luck, they'll be asleep before the movie is over.

All I've done is put food on their plates, encourage the partaking of vegetables and remind them to take their dishes to the sink. I'm sitting here writing this, playing on Facebook and watching "Meet the Parents." Babysitting would never be this easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been a great teacher!
Just give them a lot of loving.
G.M.